Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Pictures



This is an amazing picture, that I found on pinterest. Which, by the way, if you are on pinterest, you already know it's addicting. If you aren't, well, you're totally missing out. Cause it's totally addicting. :) You can follow me: http://pinterest.com/kelscrandell


Let's just say, I saw this picture and it totally hit home, and describes the reason WHY I am doing Shine.Dream.Believe.

Let me explain what it says, and describe why:

This is your life.

Well, yes, this is MY life. I am the one living it. Thanks for warning me :) Ha.

Do what you love, and do it often.

What do I love? Music (Guitar). Music is my therapy. I am constantly listening to music, (*cough cough* Taylor Swift *cough cough*) or playing my guitar. (which Taylor inspired me to do..) <-- can't thank her enough, cause I have no clue what I'd do with out playing it. I have my daily "Taylor Time" - I listen to Taylor daily, and play her songs on the guitar. If I don't, I have a really bad day. Like, for real. A REALLY bad day. She is like my morning cup of coffee...

If you don't like it, change it.

And that's what I did. I didn't like the road my life was traveling, and that needed to change. It's not necessarily that I was going down the wrong path, or making bad decisions, because I honestly WASN'T... what I didn't like was my job, which brings me to the next statement.

If you don't like your job, quit it.

I went to cosmetology school in 2008. It took me a year. Did I love the school? Yes. Did I think it was what I wanted to do? Yes. --not to mention, if you ask anyone, I'm sure very few people will say what they started going to school for, they graduated in the same thing, and are still in that field, cause it's pretty rare -- I had a rough time with it. I don't wanna talk about the specific places, but I just couldn't find the right one. I love doing hair, especially color, it's just hard to find your niche. You have to fit in, or it usually won't work out well. Let's just say, stylists change around a LOT. It's normal. I just did it enough times, wasn't happy, so something needed to change.

I started working at a child care at a gym in town, around the end of the year, and realized I wanted to work with kids, but not cut children's hair. If they don't sit still, it's hard, and I get scared, cause I don't want to cut them OR me.

When I first started going to school, I wanted to do psychology. Then I had a wacko psychology teacher at my first college, and that made me change it to elementary ed. Then I went to K-state, and just didn't like it, and went to hair school. Now I wanna go back to school doing something with kids.. I just don't know what for yet.


If you don't have enough time, stop watching TV.


Well, that's easy. I don't watch TV. I have bunny ears, but I usually just put it on for background noise if I can't fall asleep... or for my dogs when I'm away. I don't have internet either. I don't see the point in it. It's expensive, and it's money I don't need to spend. It's a WANT not a NEED. Not that important to me. If I want to watch an award show or what not, I go to the gym and WORK OUT while watching it. More people should try that. When I did have it, and when my ex wasn't watching it, (my ex was paying for it) I had it on CMT, or the country music channel. The radio is FREE and the same thing.



If you are looking for the love of your life, STOP. They will be waiting for you when you start doing what you LOVE.


I'll admit, I've never been a huge "dater". Is that even a word? In high school, I was too busy doing cheerleading, gymnastics, dance, or working. I'd leave early from school to either go work, or go to a sport. Plus, I didn't see the point of it. In the Crandell household, dating wasn't even allowed until 8th grade. My whole thought was, why date at such a young age, when I didn't want to get married that young.

Okay, so I am on a dating website, but there is a reason for that. I don't go out to the bar. Never have. I don't have too many friends. I know a lot of people, but not guys. I don't want to find my "match" while at the bar. Due to not having many friends, I don't want to go places alone. I'm shy, but I'm not. ANYWAYS... I hope to meet my ROMEO some day...

Enough about that..

ANNNNDDD I am doing what I LOVE now, so MAYBE one will come around..someday :)


Stop over analyzing.

If you think about too many things at once, it'll make life more difficult, and you'll get super stressed. All ya gotta do it make a list. And you'll get it done!>


All emotions are beautiful.

Crying is beautiful? I guess you can say so? ha. I LOVE it when people smile! I think SMILING is beautiful!



When you eat, appreciate every last bite.

Not too much to elaborate about this, besides, I've always been a picky eater... and have a lot of food sensitivies. So it makes it difficult to have a HUGE variety of nutritious and appetizing foods....


Life is simple.

Well, easier said than done, I guess. You can make it as simple or as difficult as you want. If you LOVE what you're doing, it'll be simple, and all the puzzle pieces will fall into place how the should.


Open your mind, arms, and heart to new things, and people, we are united in our differences.


Every single person is different. You never know when you'll change someones mind on doing something that is not down the right path. You can't judge a person by what they look like... you never TRULY know what's REALLY going on... You never know you like something until you try it. We only live once. So try it :) There's always a FIRST for EVERYTHING! I am opening my heart to all the people in need

Ask the next person you see what their passion is..and share your aspiring dream with them.

I am spreading the word through facebook, under facebook.com/shinedreambelieve... and sharing my dream with everyone around the world! ..so I'll ask you..What's YOUR passion? You can read about mine under "Where it all began"...


Travel often, getting lost will help you find yourself.
I guess I "travel" a lot, cause I swear, I get lost even with my GPS.


Some opportunities only come once, so sieze them.


True story. Meeting my first hero was once in a life time deal. You never know till you try.

Life is about the people you meet, and the things you create with them, so go out and start creating.

I have already met some amazing people through my facebook page, and volunteering. I can't WAIT to meet many many more people. I CAN'T WAIT TO MEET YOU HEAVEN AND TAYLOR SWIFT!! (well, Taylor, again!..she was 16 when I first met her)


Life is short. Live your dream and share your passion.
I am living my dream, and living life. I have found my passion. :) As mentioned earlier, you can read about it under the tab below my Taylor Swift picture, called "Where it all began...".












It snowed in good 'ole Kansas the other day, so I decided to write in the snow :)




As I was on facebook, I looked over and saw how many people "liked" this page. Not to mention, this is the ST. JUDE Children's hospital facebook page. There were 13,013 people that visited the hospital, and tagged them. Funny.. 13 is Taylor Swift's lucky number. And that is where Heaven Kelley (facebook.com/hopeforheaven) was staying to get better. CRAZZYYY.

No comments:

Post a Comment